Thermal Storage presentations available
Downloadable materials from the i-STUTE Centre SIRACH network’s ‘Thermal storage in smart energy systems’ conference in Cork, Ireland available now.
The Sustainable Innovation in Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Heat (SIRACH) network held their Thermal Storage in Smart Energy Systems conference on 23rd November 2016. It was hosted at the International Energy Research Centre (IERC) in Cork, Ireland. Presentations can now be downloaded on the SIRACH website.
Professor Graeme Maidment of London South Bank University (LSBU) opened the event and offered an introduction to SIRACH. Next Professor Tony Day of IERC gave an introduction to his Centre’s work.
Thermal Storage Presentations
The conference then heard about the following topics.
- ‘Integrated cooling and heating in cities’ from Gareth Davies (LSBU)
- ‘Demand response analysis in an all-electric domestic dwelling’ from Donal Finn (University College Dublin)
- ‘Heat Pump and Thermal Energy Storage from Practical experiences and suggestions’ from Neil Hewitt (Ulster University)
- ‘Heat Storage’ from Phil Eames, Loughborough University
- ‘Energy usage and environmental impact of refrigeration plants’ from Seamus Kerr (The Irish Institute of Refrigeration and RSL Ireland).
You can also download presentations from other SIRACH events can (including events on ‘air flow’ and ‘heat networks in local energy systems’) from the site.